Finding the best scuba backplate weights for your budget if you're looking for some help keeping yourself in shape or need guidance on where to start. This review gives you an overview of your options. There is a lot of scuba backplate weights on the market; which one should you buy? I've reviewed and rated 10 of the most popular products in this article.
10 scuba backplate weights: Editor Chooice
Our 10 scuba backplate weights Review:
- Easy to install
- Equipped w/ Accessory D-rings
- Universal fit
- Durable Nylon construction
- Heavy Duty, Impact Resistant Quick Release Buckles
- XS Scuba "V" Weight Pouch
- XS Scuba V Weight Pouch:
- Designed for Adjusting Trim when Using Double Cylinders
- Add Trim Weight in Center Groove of Back-Plate
- Attach with Twin Cylinder Band Bolts
- NOMAD WEIGHT PLATE - Contoured to match the soft backplate of a Nomad, the weight plate attaches to the back of the Nomad using the existing grommet holes in the backplate with two included stainless steel assembly screws
- WEIGHT CAPACITY - This Plate can hold up to 16 lbs (7.25 kg) total weight capacity in four separate pockets. Each individual pocket is secured by a double hook-and-loop seal that will hold weights firmly in place
- OPTIONS OF MOUNTING - Three marine grade stainless steel grommets on the weight plate give the option of mounting the plate with the pockets facing toward or away from the harness
- DURABLE MATERIAL - The SuperFabric outer covering of the weight plate will withstand the bumping, rubbing, and abrasion of confined spaces
- NOTE - The Nomad Weight Plate is a non-ditchable weight system. Includes 2 stainless steel assembly screws
- CAPACITY - 12 lbs (5.44 kg) set, 6 lb (2.72 kg) per pocket
- MATERIALS - 1680 denier ballistic nylon fabric is able to withstand tear and abrasion
- CLOSURE - 1-inch (2.54 cm) quick release buckle and hook-and-loop safety flap
- WEBBING - Two .75 inch (1.9 cm) webbing loops slide over 2-inch (5 cm) webbing
- HARDWARE - 2-inch (5 cm) stainless steel slide locks pocket in place
- Package included: 5 x diving rubber fixing strap.
- It can be fixed with a 5cm wide webbing, or it can be used according to different needs.
- Using high-quality rubber, it is not easy to damage.
- Lightweight and portable, easy to use and carry.
- Suitable for diving equipment.
- Durable nylon diving weight belt webbing strap attachment
- Easy and convenient to use.
- 3.5m/138inch long, but you can DIY strapping backplates.
- Great for technical diving backplates,scuba diving, snorkeling, free diving and so on.
- Strong, lightweight, anti-, durable and portable.
- Durable 2" long nylon webbing
- 120" long, but you can cut to custom size
- Great for technical diving backplates
- Note: These weights are shipped in USPS Flat Rate, and International Flat Rate boxes, and are limited to 40lbs. per box. If more than 40lbs. of weight is ordered, additional shipping and handling fees may apply.
- Small backplate is perfect for divers below 5' 8" / 175 cm of height.
- Large backplate is for divers above 5' 8" / 175 cm of height.
- ZEN BCD wing is deliberately narrow so it enhances your buoyancy control and significantly reduces drag. Reduced drag improves our gas consumption, enabling longer and safer dives.
- Inflator positioned in the center of BC allows added gas to be immediately distributed equally down both sides of the wing, leaving you in perfect trim.
- Enlarging the upper part of the back plate has achieved better weight distribution during the dive and removes load from the lumbar region. The lower plate design, spreads the load comfortably safely allowing for the optimal attachment of weight pockets and accessories.
- Lightweight watch with black featuring Arabic numeral indices with 24-hour inner ring and date window at 3 o'clock
- 38 mm resin case with INDIGLO light-up dial and acrylic window
- Quartz movement with analog display
- Nylon band with hook-and-loop closure
- Water resistant to 100m (330ft): in general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not diving
Buying Guide: What to Consider When Select scuba backplate weights
We analyzed a wide range of scuba backplate weights to provide a great overview of the current market. Each was objective across a few criteria to determine relative levels of performance. We compare each across the different factors to determine which products are best for specific applications. Based on our expert recommendations, we have selected our top picks:
- Brand value
- Consumer ratings & reviews
- Product price
scuba backplate weights Buying Guide
The best way to make the most of your time is to list the things you want to buy, weighing all the factors before deciding. There are many ways this post can suggest that will help you do this and avoid purchasing the wrong product.
If you're in a hurry for some reason, take our word for it don't buy anything until you've finished reading this post! These factors will help you make the right decision when buying a product. Here are some of the things that you should consider before buying a product:
- Price: How much are you willing to spend on your new product? If money is not an issue, you can choose the most expensive option. However, if you have a tight budget, then it is important to choose one that fits your needs and budget.
- Durability: You need to consider how long your scuba backplate weights will last before you buy it. Investing in something that will last longer than buying something that will break down after just a few uses is always better.
- Quality: The quality of scuba backplate weights should be considered before buying it. A good product will have high-quality materials used during manufacturing and construction.
- Brand: The brand reputation of a particular product is also important because it tells you how reliable they are and how they stand behind their products.
Here is a brief description of important factors for buying a product:
This is a great way to know what other people have experienced with scuba backplate weights. You can check out user reviews on Amazon or other websites where users can post their thoughts on a product. The best place to look for reviews is on Amazon, which has a star rating system that gives you an idea of how good or bad a product is. If there are enough reviews with bad ratings (less than 3 stars), it’s probably not worth buying that product.
Look at the price
This may seem obvious, but it’s important not to just look at how much something costs and decide that it’s too expensive. Instead, you should compare prices between different sellers and see which offers more value for money! For example, if you find a similar product for $10 cheaper elsewhere, it might be worth buying from that seller instead of the first one you came across!
Type of product
There are many types of scuba backplate weights you can buy. Some are basic, while others are advanced. You need to determine what type of product you need and then buy one that fits your needs. For example, if you want a simple product, the best choice is a basic one. However, suppose you want something more advanced. In that case, it’s better to get an expensive one because it will have extra features.
The product size also matters when choosing the right scuba backplate weights for yourself or someone else, as different people have different requirements when using their products. For example, if there is someone who uses large sized products or devices, then he/she would need something bigger than others who use smaller devices or tools. Therefore, it is important that you look at the size of each product before purchasing them so that they can meet all your needs and requirements in terms of size.
You need to buy a branded product because it has been tested and proven effective by many people before you buy it. Brands also have guarantees on their scuba backplate weights so that if anything happens to your new item within the warranty period, they will repair it or replace it without hassle.
You should consider how long the scuba backplate weights will last. This is because it is important for you to buy something that will serve your needs for years. If many people have used a particular product without any problem, then it means that it is durable and can serve your purpose well.
Easy to Use
When buying a scuba backplate weights, make sure that it is easy to use so that you do not experience any difficulties while using it after purchase. Some scuba backplate weights may look great but are too complicated for your level of expertise or knowledge about them. Make sure that the product is user-friendly so that even someone who does not have much experience can use it comfortably without any problems or inconveniences whatsoever.