Finding the best programmable room thermostats for your budget if you're looking for some help keeping yourself in shape or need guidance on where to start. This review gives you an overview of your options. There is a lot of programmable room thermostats on the market; which one should you buy? I've reviewed and rated 10 of the most popular products in this article.
10 programmable room thermostats: Editor Chooice
Our 10 programmable room thermostats Review:
- Non-programmable electronic thermostat, single stage, 1 heating and 1 cooling, electric or gas/oil configurable.
- Not suitable for RV's. Work with single stage heating, cooling and heat pump (without aux) systems. Does not work with multi-stage systems or 120/240V electric baseboard.
- Easy-to-read digital 4.5 sq. in. display with large characters and blue backlight. Big separate buttons for easy setting.
- Precise temperature control with +/- 1 degree in Fahrenheit and Celsius for ultimate consistent control.
- Easy installation, dual powered by 24VAC power or 2 AAA batteries, C-wire is not required.
- Flexible programming: 5-2 day or one week programming LCD Screen
- Large backlit display shows current room temperature and set point temperature simultaneously
- Smart response learning - learns your heating/cooling cycle times to deliver the right temperature when you want it
- Auto change from heat to cool
- Includes change reminders for air filters and low batteries
- Room sensor manages hot or cold spots
- Detects room occupancy for optimal comfort
- Built-in Amazon Alexa Voice Service
- Far-field voice recognition across the room
- Free ecobee Android and iOS mobile app
- 【 Before purchasing, please check whether the wiring port matches your device 】 Suuwer S701 Nonprogrammable Electronic Thermostats, Single Stage 1 Heating and 1 Cooling
- For use with Central Gas, Oil, or Electric Furnaces Systems（ compatible with 85% of systems ）
- Dual Powered by 24VAC Power or 2 AAA Batteries, C-wire is not required. （Shell color; off-white ）
- Does Not Work with Aux Heat Pump and Multi-Stage Systems, Does Not Work RV, Does Not Work 120/240V Electric Baseboard / Line Volt.
- Very Suitable for Middle-Aged and Elderly People, Easy-to-read Digital 4.5 sq. in.
- Low wattage space heater: 350 watt, 120 volt, 2.9 amps, 60Hz, Convenient 180 rotating plug with 3 prongs. Push the button under the plug to adjust rotating degree. Low wattage heater is more economical than running a higher wattage space heater and will not overload the circuit. Great choice for people who live in a mild climate
- With led display and timer: Press the " Timer " button allows you to scroll through 1 and 12 hours in 1 hour increments. For auto power on timer, ensure the heater is turned off, press the " Timer " button until the led display shows the number of hours you want. For auto shut off timer, ensure the heater is turned on, keep pressing the " Timer " button till it reach your desire time
- Quiet and fast heating: Extremely quiet to heat up 100 square feet room well. It is for smaller places like offices or dorm rooms desk table indoors. Use it at home when you don’t want to heat up the entire house with other centralized heaters. It's very quiet so it won't keep you awake at night
- Digital thermostat: Unlike most space heaters just have options for low medium and high, but this gives you actual degrees. Ability to be adjusted by the desired temperature from 60°F to 90°F. Set the thermostat to your desired temp and it turns itself on and off to maintain that temp. Outer surface stays cool
- As seen on tv: 4.3 x 2.8 x 6.5 inch compact size makes it easy to carry it around wherever I want without any wires. The ETL listed plug in heater mounts right on the receptacle and it doesn’t take up floor space or have a cord laying on the floor to trip on. Modern look make it blend well in a living room or bedroom or other areas of the house since it's not a big eyesore like a space heater
- This is a 24VAC low-voltage System non-programmable thermostat for room use,【IMPORTANT】 Currently does not support millivolt systems
- 1 Heat/1 Cool Conventional and Heat Pump,Accurate temperature control of +/-1-Degree F for consistent comfort, Low Battery Indicator available
- Easy-to see and read. large, clear backlit digital display,OPTIONAL 2 “AA” Batteries provide continuous temperature display during power loss
- Detailed instructions for easy installation,C-wire needed for proper installation. Note-c wire is required and is the primary power source for your thermostat. Without a c wire, your thermostat will not power up，In the case of battery power, there is no need to connect the C wire
- Maintain balanced and comfortable temperatures to reduce energy usage and increase savings on annual heating and cooling costs
- SAVE MONEY AND ENERGY. Adjust your ENERGY STAR certified thermostat from anywhere with your mobile device, or let your home automatically react to your schedule with Auto Home/Away Scheduling. Save even more with possible inclusion in energy saving schemes from your utility provider. (Subject to availability in area - rebate finder link above)
- LIVE AND SLEEP SMARTER. Choose the temperature in a specific room, like the bedroom, to be exactly what you want it to be, to help get a better night’s sleep. Or let the Smart Room Sensors automatically detect which rooms people are in and focus comfort where it matters automatically.
- AMAZING SENSOR RANGE. The battery powered Smart Room Sensors utilize unique Honeywell Home technology to deliver an efficient signal up to 200 ft range. (Could be further depending on home construction.)
- MULTI-ROOM FOCUS. Don’t be forced to choose one room over another, the T9 Smart Thermostat can handle multiple rooms to focus on (requires sensors).
- CONTROL IT YOUR WAY. Control the T9 using the Resideo app or through Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, and more.
- This is 24VAC low-voltage and Millivolt System non-programmable thermostat for room use.Detailed instructions for easy installation,C-wire needed for proper installation. Note-c wire is required and is the primary power source for your thermostat. Without a c wire, your thermostat will not power up, In the case of battery power, there is no need to connect the C wire.
- 1 Heat 1 Cool,accurate temperature control of +/-1-Degree F,Low Battery Indicator available.
- Easy to read in various lighting conditions,detailed instructions for easy installation.
- OPTIONAL 2 “AAA” Batteries provide continuous temperature display during power loss.
- Maintain comfortable temperatures to reduce energy usage,savings on heating and cooling costs.
- The display panel is backlit with an intuitive interface for one-touch access to setpoint temperature.
- Precise temperature control of +/- 1 degree Fahrenheit.
- Separate programs for the weekdays and weekends with 4 program periods per day including wake, leave, arrive and sleep.
- Easy to install yourself and works with many heating/cooling systems, plus heat pumps without auxiliary heat.
- Built-in battery change and filter change reminders.
- Display is Large Enough to be Easily Read from Across the Room
- Transparent Polycarbonate Faceplate with Straight-Forward, Easy-to-Use Buttons to Manually Adjust the Temperature Up or Down
- Accurate Temperature Reading to +/- 1 Degree F for Ultimate Consistent Control
- Designed with Style in Mind to Enhance the Décor of Any Room
- Perfect for New Installation or Replacement
Buying Guide: What to Consider When Select programmable room thermostats
We analyzed a wide range of programmable room thermostats to provide a great overview of the current market. Each was objective across a few criteria to determine relative levels of performance. We compare each across the different factors to determine which products are best for specific applications. Based on our expert recommendations, we have selected our top picks:
- Brand value
- Consumer ratings & reviews
- Product price
programmable room thermostats Buying Guide
The best way to make the most of your time is to list the things you want to buy, weighing all the factors before deciding. There are many ways this post can suggest that will help you do this and avoid purchasing the wrong product.
If you're in a hurry for some reason, take our word for it don't buy anything until you've finished reading this post! These factors will help you make the right decision when buying a product. Here are some of the things that you should consider before buying a product:
- Price: How much are you willing to spend on your new product? If money is not an issue, you can choose the most expensive option. However, if you have a tight budget, then it is important to choose one that fits your needs and budget.
- Durability: You need to consider how long your programmable room thermostats will last before you buy it. Investing in something that will last longer than buying something that will break down after just a few uses is always better.
- Quality: The quality of programmable room thermostats should be considered before buying it. A good product will have high-quality materials used during manufacturing and construction.
- Brand: The brand reputation of a particular product is also important because it tells you how reliable they are and how they stand behind their products.
Here is a brief description of important factors for buying a product:
This is a great way to know what other people have experienced with programmable room thermostats. You can check out user reviews on Amazon or other websites where users can post their thoughts on a product. The best place to look for reviews is on Amazon, which has a star rating system that gives you an idea of how good or bad a product is. If there are enough reviews with bad ratings (less than 3 stars), it’s probably not worth buying that product.
Look at the price
This may seem obvious, but it’s important not to just look at how much something costs and decide that it’s too expensive. Instead, you should compare prices between different sellers and see which offers more value for money! For example, if you find a similar product for $10 cheaper elsewhere, it might be worth buying from that seller instead of the first one you came across!
Type of product
There are many types of programmable room thermostats you can buy. Some are basic, while others are advanced. You need to determine what type of product you need and then buy one that fits your needs. For example, if you want a simple product, the best choice is a basic one. However, suppose you want something more advanced. In that case, it’s better to get an expensive one because it will have extra features.
The product size also matters when choosing the right programmable room thermostats for yourself or someone else, as different people have different requirements when using their products. For example, if there is someone who uses large sized products or devices, then he/she would need something bigger than others who use smaller devices or tools. Therefore, it is important that you look at the size of each product before purchasing them so that they can meet all your needs and requirements in terms of size.
You need to buy a branded product because it has been tested and proven effective by many people before you buy it. Brands also have guarantees on their programmable room thermostats so that if anything happens to your new item within the warranty period, they will repair it or replace it without hassle.
You should consider how long the programmable room thermostats will last. This is because it is important for you to buy something that will serve your needs for years. If many people have used a particular product without any problem, then it means that it is durable and can serve your purpose well.
Easy to Use
When buying a programmable room thermostats, make sure that it is easy to use so that you do not experience any difficulties while using it after purchase. Some programmable room thermostats may look great but are too complicated for your level of expertise or knowledge about them. Make sure that the product is user-friendly so that even someone who does not have much experience can use it comfortably without any problems or inconveniences whatsoever.